Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Osteoarthritis in childhood



I was just 14 years old.

My symptoms: Inflammation in my left knee joint, with pain forbidding me to move it. It made me unable to walk straight.

After waiting two days to recover on itself, I went to orthopedist doctor. 

I was Diagnosed: Osteoarthritis. 

He said, it was common for child and the old. My bones, in growing age, had pressed my nerves too hard. And that was the reason for pain and inflammation. My weight was 60kgs, and that did make me vulnerable.  

Treatment: Just an ointment. He referred 'Himalaya Rumalaya' and a painkiller for two weeks. And, in two weeks I was good to go. 

I still went to schools in those days, but was unable to play with my friends for my leg hurt too much. But never mind, I passed time seeing my crush playing. I could still walk, slowly though.

Diet wise, Doctor advised to increase my fiber, minerals and water intake. Physiotherapy would help, though I personally didn't attend physiotherapy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment